About Fire Protection
Alien Systems & Technologies (Pty) Ltd. was established in 1999 to cater for the need for high quality, cost effective and standards driven fire protection engineering solutions across various sectors such as mining operations, power generation, industrial manufacturing, data centres, archival spaces, hotels and commercial buildings but to name a few.
With a strong design and engineering background, Alien Systems & Technologies has developed a range of high quality systems that are proven and approved. These include the award winning Pyroshield® Gaseous Total Flooding System that received the SABS Design Award for engineering excellence.
Electronic & Mechanical Manufacturing Plant
Headquartered in Johannesburg South Africa, AST has a complete ISO9001:2015 operated electronic and mechanical manufacturing plant. This houses all of our intellectual property giving full technical backup.
Quality Cost-Engineered Solutions
By having efficient manufacturing processes, AST provides greater value for money to our customers when purchasing our award winning and world class systems. As an AST customer, you will find the quality of products & systems, service levels and expertise a grade above any other fire engineering company based on the African continent.
AST has a wide range of advanced fire and smoke detection systems that are cost effective and suitable to be used in even the most prestigious buildings.
AST offers a wide range of fixed fire suppression systems, which include our award winning clean agent gaseous, aerosol, impulse dry powder and mounted rack fire suppression systems.
- A factory of 750m2 was built in Walkerville, South of Johannesburg to manufacture and supply fire detection and protection equipment
- AST started manufacturing 24Vdc fire bells. 2 & 4 zone conventional fire control panels and gas control units.
- January – AST started manufacturing Pyroshield IG55 Gaseous Fire Extinguishing Systems.
- July – AST received independent 3rd party full system approval from Bureau Veritas for Pyroshield IG55 Gaseous Fire Extinguishing Systems.
- July – AST received its first orders for Pyroshield IG55 Gaseous Fire Extinguishing Systems.
- December – AST obtained marine approval from the South African Maritime Safety Authority for Pyroshield IG55 Gaseous Fire Extinguishing Systems.
- December – AST introduced a range of fixed engineered CO2 fire extinguishing systems.
- AST started performing room integrity tests, to ensure that we follow strict ISO 14520 & NFPA 2001 standards for clean agent systems – the first company in Africa
- AST began offering technical support to clients and offered our services to the Fire Detection Installers Association and the Fire Protection Association regarding training with the latest design standards
- AST added Pyrogen to their range of products to complement Pyroshield and CO2 systems
- AST gains ISO 9001 Quality Management Certification
- September – Pyroshield wins prestigious engineering award from the SABS Design Institute for engineering excellence – SABS Pyroshield Award
- AST introduces the Cirrus Pro range of aspirating air sampling fire detectors and immediately starts receiving orders.
- AST wins Green Supply Chain Award
- AST opens Africa’s first 400 bar production filling plant to fill compressed gas fire suppression cylinders
- AST started providing effective fire detection and protection systems for conveyors of all forms
- March – AST achieves SABS approval
- AST launches Whisp-Air Silencers.
- AST launches new fire detection system- Linear Heat Detection Systems
- AST launches new Air Sampling Cirrus Hybrid Fire & Smoke Multisensor Detector – only one of its kind in world
- AST launches high value for money ProPointPlus Air Sampling Smoke Detector
- AST receives SANAS accreditation for Hydrostatic Pressure Testing.
- The design, development, manufacturing and installation of fire detection and extinguishing systems of AST are certified by Bureau Veritas against ISO 9001: 2015 certificate number ZA002300
- New Cirrus CCD range of air sampling aspirating fire detectors launched with immediate customer orders.
- AST launches new Pyroshield Universal Gas Actuator across its range.
Stay up to date with the latest news & updates